Monday, February 26, 2007

Introductions

As a child I was the normally the only one of my siblings who stood under my mother's feet and watched her cook (although my sister is changing that lately!). In college I started to experiment a little on my own, calling my mom every night and attempting to recreate her recipes. In June, I married my high school sweetheart, James:
Over the past 9 months, I have really started to experiment with cooking. Partly because James is the most appreciative (and yet also most honest) eater a wife could ask for, and partly because I've discovered the wealth of recipes and cooking information on the internet I've really developed the "Joy of Cooking." So it all started with my mom, her chocolate chip cookies, and my burned Christmas morning pancakes.

This is my entire kitchen:

Apartment dwelling has its perks, don't get me wrong. When the toilet breaks, we call someone. We wake up in the mornings and the lawns are watered and mowed without our sweat. But don't think that I'm not designing my dream-home kitchen in my mind already! This kitchen provides its own set of adventures complete with a faulty oven thermometer and a broiler that sets off the fire alarm during every use! We're darn lucky to have everything we have. God, family and friends have all been very generous with us. I just wanted to paint a little picture of the space I choose to spend so much time in.

No comments: