Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hello Lovely

My mother ruined me for life by teaching me how to cook on a gas range. 4 years of college and 2 years of an apartment with wobbly electric ovens have been holding me back.

Meet my new darling. She came to live with us on Saturday and has performed every task I've asked of her so far. I took this picture on Tuesday night when I sighed with pleasure realizing I was using all four burners making tilapia and risotto. My husband took one look at it, shook his head, and said "You're spoiled!"



I must learn more photography skills. I tried without the flash and it didn't look so good. But tilapia looks awfully unappetizing in the flash glare. Perhaps I should not take my pictures once the sun has gone to bed.

And of course I had to take a picture of the beautiful blue flames, to prove she's the real deal!




5 comments:

Kristin Anderson said...

Gorgeous! I'm jealous of the gas ;)

Kristin (kekis) said...

You have gas! (pun intended)

James should know that HE is spoiled. He's going to be enjoying some great meals in the future!

Kelly said...

I also grew up with gas and cannot wait until we move into a home where I can actually have a gas stove!

Cassie said...

Carla she's beautiful...mind if I ask what brand and name? We eventually want to replace our electric since our kitchen is plumbed for both!

Carla said...

Thanks Cassie! (By the way congrats! I hadn't heard you were having a little one!)
It's a frigidair. If you have a regular freestanding range (with the controls in the back, not all built in looking like mine) you can get one a lot cheaper, and if you're already plumbed for gas the hard part is done! We had to replace an existing slide in range, so it was easier to buy a slide-in than to smash out the counter behind it.