Monday, April 6, 2009

Cupcake Bites


(I apologize in advance for the photos. I didn't have my camera so I took these with my phone!)
I've wanted to make these for a while, but until I saw them in person I didn't know I would absolute die and go to cute heaven. Even James (who rolls his eyes at my ooohing and ahhing over tiny little things!) thought they were pretty much the cutest thing ever! And they taste GREAT! I used white cake, white cream cheese frosting, and white chocolate bark w/gel food coloring.

I've read about cake balls and cake pops a la bakerella for a while, and then Pioneer Woman laid out some great instructions. I tried both methods, but the mold method by far worked better, and looked so darn cute with the perfectly molded little ridges.



One tip - use the candy bark or candy melts. I used semi sweet chocolate chips for part of it and it was super soft. Even in the molds, when I had to hold the chocolate bottom to dip the top it started to smear in my hands.

I'm not even going to post a recipe, but here are links:

2 comments:

AimeeB said...

you're amazing.

Unknown said...

In a word... phenomenal... I think I ate 10 of these in a span of 3 minutes...