Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a great Easter on Sunday!
Both sides of the family came over and we had a brunch in the afternoon. I had so much fun planning and cooking it! I really love that both of our families live close and we can have everyone come over for lunch. We missed my brother (in CO) and my sister (in Germany) so we'll have to do it again when they are in town!

Here is the table setting, pretty simple but I just loved how those cheap little grocery store daisies looked when I cut them short and put them in short water glasses.


Here is the spread! We had:

-Fresh Berries
-Veggie Tray
-Bacon Cheddar Frittatta
-Spinach Quiche
-Ham and bacon
-Roasted Asparagus
-3 crostinis: Chicken, Chicken Cordon Bleu, and Caprese
-Crescent rolls
-Baked Potato Salad
-Garden Salad
-And of course cupcake bites!

Thanks to my mom for the yummy quiche (with homemade pie crust!) and the gorgeous salad.
And thanks to my mother in law for supplying all the drinks! She even brought diet cherry seven up which is my FAVORITE! :)
Hope everyone else had a great Easter as well! The Lord has blessed us in so many ways, and I think looking at that giant table of food and then looking around and seeing how great my husband and our families are really made me feel that. Most of all, He blessed us with salvation, and that's what Easter is really all about. So Thank You Jesus, for being the Lamb, for giving more than we could ever fathom giving, so we could have everything. We aren't worthy, but you were. Amen! :)

Up next...cake-a-palooza!

No comments: